Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

All I want to do is write...

All I want to do is write. And that's really hard when the day job that pays me requires my attention during the majority of the day. Very frustrating.

I'm struggling to make a schedule for myself so that I can allot time for writing, time for designing, and then squeeze in all the other day-to-day tasks of running a home and a life (going to the gym once a day is an absolute must).

I have nothing to complain about, really. I'm self-employed, for crap sake. And doing well at it, too. In fact, I'm doing well enough to take a month off, but you know what? I'd lose momentum, and clients, and I have too many ongoing projects that pay me a living wage. So scrap that idea.

I'll figure it out. Sheesh. I'm so hard to please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen

I feel your pain... and empathize a lot! At the risk of giving advice, take a look at how you work best, and give yourself what you can. If you work best in long spurts, see if you can set aside one full day a week without client work. If you work in little spurts, try to carve that out. No matter what, remember you're not alone in this dilemma!

Liz H. -- who is SO bummed to be missing Colorado Gold this year!

Paty Jager said...

It is sooo hard to figure out a time frame to write and do- life!

Right now I'm not getting the writing done, I'd like because we're haying. And that is like a job because it feeds the cows that have the calves that we sell to pay some of the bills. So it is a job too!

Hang in there, you'll get it all figured out, I'm sure.

MJFredrick said...

I can completely relate. All I can say is, where was this feeling during summer vacation?????