Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

100 things most people don't know about me

Wordcount 10/18 -- 1690

Posting daily wordcounts gets pretty boring so I think I'll mix it up a bit.

I thought I'd occasionally post a few little known facts about myself, maybe five at a time, until I reach a hundred. Not sure I can think of that many, so don't be surprised if I post some pretty lame statistics. Here are my first five. Ready?

1. I jumped out of airplanes in college, for fun. Seriously.

2. I made a totally of 65 parachute jumps before I was 19.

3. I broke my back on a jump, but not seriously. A cracked vertebrae. It healed without any problems, though to this day I can't lay on my stomach for too long or my lower back starts hurting.

4. Umm... I landed in the middle of a sugar cane field on one my jumps. No injuries, but it took my jump mates some time to find me among the ten foot stalks of cane. Ahem.

5. I landed in a tree after a jump. Sat my butt right down on a branch, yes I did, and had the bruise to prove it. It just turned real purple. Not a big deal, but unattractive in shorts.

Okay, that's all for now. Stay tuned for a couple more parachute adventure stories in a future post.

No comments: