Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Colorado Gold Conference


September 14-16, 2007. Just like every year, the conference was awesome. This was my 14th RMFW conference and I had a blast. Learned a lot, networked a lot, and reconnected with many wonderful friends I've missed terribly since moving from Colorado to Oregon three years ago.

I think one major benefit of this conference that sets it apart as one of the best are the agent and editor workshops. You have an opportunity for professional feedback on your work that has been previewed by the editor or agent of your choice. The workshops are small and allow you direct access to a professional in the publishing industry. I was privileged to be in a workshop with Liz Scheier, senior editor for Del Rey, and it was a fabulous experience. I can't recommend these workshops strongly enough.

I also had a pitch appointment with Jessica Faust of Bookends Literary Agency. Jessica is wonderful, and she really knows her business. She requested a partial of my urban fantasy that I have yet to send, but I plan to get it in the mail by next week.

For information about the Colorado Gold, you can review the 2007 program here. The 2008 conference will be held next fall in September, so be sure to mark your calendars now so that you don't forget!

No comments: