Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

What's Up Wednesday

What's up today is that so far, it's been great. One of those perfect kinds of days that you want to take a picture of and keep in your scrap book to remind you that days like this do exist. The weather's kind of crappy, and I have no good news about any agent wanting to represent KNIGHT'S CURSE, but lots of my favorite things have happened one after the other that makes me feel happy.

First off, success on a design project that I pulled off on a tight, last minute deadline. Then breakfast with one of my best friends. I got a fun assignment writing the bio for a local musician. I got a new design client because of my deadline miracle. I got myself a yummy soy cappucino at Starbuck's and drank it while perusing the aisles of Blockbuster for some feel-good comedies I plan to watch this weekend. Ahhhh....

All of these are simple pleasures, but sometimes those are the best kind. They're the kind that make you sigh with pleasure, the kind that make you forget (temporarily) about the crappy things in life. Creature comforts. Yes, that's what they are, and I'm immensely thankful for them.

I have lots of work yet to do today, and I do have the unpleasant weekly appointment with my personal trainer to look forward to this afternoon, but right at this moment, I'm at peace. I savor days like this and hope to experience many more to come.

No comments: