Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Freestyle Friday


Tis the day after Christmas, and all through the house, everyone's stirring, including the mouse. Well, we don't have any real mice, but the cats have some fuzzy ones that rattle, if that counts.

The holidays came and went very quickly this year. We had a pleasant afternoon at my mother-in-laws, where our puppy had a chance to play with her dachsunds. Kinsey isn't used to other dogs, so this was a good experience for her. Then my sister-in-law came over with her 3 lap dogs, so there was a total of 6 canines running through the house. The older dogs didn't appreciate being chased by a puppy, but Kinsey will chase anything that runs, and pounce on whatever doesn't. So there was growling and snapping, but thankfully no one got hurt. Kinsey loves her crate, and we have a portable one, so she simply retreated to her "den" whenever she felt uncomfortable. Barking scares her, and little lap dogs bark... a lot.

I managed to reach one of my daughters on the phone, and left a message for the other one, and also a message for my son when my call went directly to his voice mail. Sigh. I just hope they send me pictures of their Christmases.

Today it's back to business. My new computer is all set up and raring to go (it's unbelievably awesome), which is good because I need to work on a logo and a menu. I also have to clean the litter boxes today, and there are 3, one for each cat. Then I get to go to a neighbor's house and check on her cat because she's out of town until Sunday. The cat always hides when I come over, so I never see her, but I know she's there because her litter box is usually overflowing. Ugh.

It's a winter wonderland outside, and the sky is clear and swimming pool blue. I'll try to take Kinsey out for a walk today, but the leash training is a slow process. So far, she freaks whenever I put the leash on her, but she does a little better every day. I'm so glad she enjoys playing in the snow, which will make it easier to walk. You should see the thick pads on her feet! I've never seen anything like it on a dog. They look almost like little pink hooves.

Will I write today? Most definitely. May not be much, but I always write a little of the WIP every day. I'm only a bit over halfway done, which is always the hardest part for me. But I'm still in love with the story, and Henry and Wanda are awesome characters to write.

I hope you all had a fun and loving holiday.

1 comment:

Barbara Martin said...

Belated Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

Your puppy will learn to walk on a leash eventually. It just takes perseverence.