Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

We've had our puppy for a week now and Kinsey just about sleeps through the night. My brain is still foggy from lack of sleep. Progress on the WIP has been abysmal.

I bought a new computer for my business yesterday! This is after I had breakfast with a client who is sending me more business this spring. My old Mac is limping and before it's completely crippled, I want to be prepared with a faster, more powerful machine to handle the extra design work. Though I'd really rather be writing books... Sigh.

Romance author Karin Tabke is having a first line contest on her blog. Deadline for uploading was last Monday at 7:00 pm Pacific time. She was only accepting the first line from 100 entries, so the mad dash to post was extraordinary! Her blog hiccuped a few times, but it filled up with 100 first lines in 9 minutes flat! LOL! I was #5 to get the first line in for Mystic Taxi. Only 80 entries will make it in the first cut after weekend judging by an impartial and anonymous published author. The results will be posted next Monday, when we'll see which of us are still in the running. The prize at the end of the 6 to 8 week contest is having the first ten pages of 5 lucky entrants' manuscripts sent to Grand Central Senior Editor Amy Pierpont. Even though I have an agent, a little extra help is always a good thing.

I'm guest blogging today about the popularity of cross genre fiction over at Paranormality Universe. If you're a writer, you can leave a comment to be entered in a drawing for a critique of your first 10 manuscript pages.

It's also my day to blog at Mid Willamette Valley Romance Writers. I blogged about change.

Want to know why a book is the perfect holiday gift this season? Come here and find out.

Now I'm going to try to see if I can get a few pages written while the puppy is still asleep.

2 comments:

Barbara Martin said...

Thanks for the links and the writing tips on the paranormal genre.

The puppy gets cuter every time I see a new photo. Remember you need to be alpha in this relationship.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Karen. Kinsey is adorable!!! SaWeet!! Smart move on the computer.