Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Madness

I have a list of blog topics to write about, but every time I look them over, I can't decide which one to do. So I put it off a day. And then another day goes by, and another, and another...

Yes, I'm a card carrying member of Procrastinator's Anonymous. So not a good thing for a writer.

Anyway...

I thought I'd post a quick update. The countdown begins for the release of KNIGHT'S CURSE, which is due in stores by the end of the month. It really hit home today when a firm knock at my front door launched the dog into frantic bark mode. The UPS guy came to drop off 2 boxes of books!

I couldn't open the box fast enough and I'm surprised I didn't rip any covers in the process, but they all look okay. One's a little bent, but I'll hang on to that one. So you can be expecting some free giveaways soon.


I also got a proof of the cover for the next book in the series DARKEST KNIGHT. I'd show it to you, but I don't think I'm allowed to yet since it's just a proof. But I fell in love with it on first sight. Harlequin's design department sure knows what they're doing.

I'm also excited to have received my first reader review and she gave me 5 stars! Woot!

I've come up with the idea for my third book in the series. My agent met with my editor last Friday and mentioned my idea to her. She wants two chapters and a synopsis by Monday, so what am i doing here writing in my blog? The usual. I'm procrastinating. 

Okay, playtime is over. Gotta get back to work. Hugs to you all!

9 comments:

Tam Linsey said...

Congrats on your upcoming release! Sounds like you have some serious work this week. I'm not sure I could bang out twenty or thirty pages in a week that were good enough for me to show someone.

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks, Tam. :) Well, believe me, quality is a concern. I'm not a stranger to having to write on the fly, but I gotta admit it's gonna be tough. I just hope the story gods will smile down on me. Ha!

Shannon said...

Congratulations! Having those awesome reviews must fel amazing. And you got a gorgeous cover. I am so looking forward to reading your book.

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks, Shannon! It does feel amazing. I can't wait to hear what you think of the book. :)

BookBreather said...

Congrats! This book looks so good and is definitely heading to my TBR list!

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks so much, BookBreather! And what an interesting name, by the way. I love it! :)

Mike Ruchhoeft said...

Congrats!

I don't know which would be more exciting, a box of books in the mail or reader reviews.

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks, Mike. :) Well, the reviews would be exciting as long as they were good reviews, lol.

Creative A said...

Hey Karen!

Wow. Long time, no see. Saw your name mentioned on a friend's blog and wanted to check in, see how you were...congrats about Knight's Curse! That's so amazing! I remember reading the excerpts ages ago. So exciting to see it's coming out now. If you're ever looking for some promotion, I'd be happy to interview you on my blog (headdeskforwriters.blogspot.com)

Congrats again!
-Creative A