Pages

Friday, October 31, 2014

Wattpad

I've had a few sample chapters of Demon Fare (previously known as Mystic Taxi) up on Wattpad for about a year now. I've now replaced them with the revised and edited chapters, and added another chapter to what was already there. So now there's a total of 7 chapters for you to read.

I think Wattpad is a good way to showcase sample pages from a work in progress, or as a way to post teaser chapters as an introduction to a self-published book, which Demon Fare will be. If you're a member of Wattpad, please follow me.

Over the next few days I hope to have Demon Fare up for pre-order on Amazon, as I format ebooks for the various distributors: Apple, Barnes & Noble and Kobo. Maybe Smashwords, I haven't decided yet. I've heard too many horror stories to feel comfortable having my book sold through them. I'm also making a print version of the book.

The official release date for Demon Fare is December 15, 2014. My stomach is tied up in knots, and I don't know why. After all, this isn't my first rodeo, so to speak, and I have almost everything set to go. I guess it's because this book is so special to me. I feel that way about all my books, but there's something about this one that gives me butterflies every time I think about it. Maybe it's because the idea is so unique, or because the characters have become like best friends. Anyway, I can only hope others enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it.

I'm looking for reviewers so if you or anyone you know reviews urban fantasy, dystopian, paranormal or alternate history fiction, please let me know.

By the way, I have a sequel planned that I hope to have out by spring of 2015. I'll talk about it more after Demon Fare has been out a while.

Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

Giles Hash said...

Congratulations! It's exciting to see people getting published :D.

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks, Giles! Yeah, I'm a bit excited but mostly trepidatious. LOL!