Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Not enough hours in the day...

...to do everything we need to do, and want to do. For those of you who don't know me well, I run my own graphic design business and business is very good these days. Too good. I keep track of everything on a dry-erase board and when I updated it yesterday, I counted 16 separate projects. A few of them have multiple projects within projects. And I didn't count the freebies I do, mostly for RMFW. So I think I have time to write? You betcha!

Writing for me is kind of like eating and sleeping. It's necessary for survival. I'm sure a lot of you fellow-writers feel the same way. In fact, last night I had a dream, or not exactly a dream, it was more like a vision. It's hard to describe, but when I woke up this morning, I realized a box of kittens would be in this book I'm writing. I can't imagine how that will fit into the plot of a dark UF story, but my mind is open. I'm thinking it might be one of those things that add balance to the story, or those kittens aren't especially cuddly. That's a distinct possibility. Hmm...

A friend I met at the PNWA conference blogged about some of the workshops while they were in session, and if you'd like to know more, pay Nathan a visit.

No comments: