Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Okay, I know this is goofy, and it's a really bad picture, but I just had to share. While I was in Seattle last weekend, I met up with a friend I haven't seen in 40 years. We grew up together in LA and our mothers were best friends. I insisted we get our picture taken in one of those photo booths in the arcade at the Pike Street Market.

Will gave me the VIP tour of Seattle, took me to the Space Needle, Pike Street Market, the Locks, we watched the salmon swimming up stream, and he and his wife treated me to a lovely seafood dinner. It was so much fun! We had 40 years to catch up with each other, and it's amazing to me how friendships endure the test of time. Even after school, marriage, kids, jobs, we're still the same people we were when we were kids, just older and wiser. Will is quite a character. He just may turn up in one of my books some day. 8^)

No comments: