Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What's Up Wednesday


Have I got a treat for you. Want to play a game? It's actually a word quiz, but what makes this one special is that it's for real.

A friend of mine moved to Slovakia last year and it's a continuous struggle for her to learn the language. Slovak. Can you imagine? One day she and her husband went to a Slovakian restaurant where menu items were translated into English. Or attempted to, anyway. Check out the items on this menu! OMG! I have the correct answers to what these things are, but as a fun game, I'd like you all to try and guess. But you'll have to wait a couple days to get the right answers. I'm going to hold you in suspense until Friday.

I don't usually do contests, but I'm making an exception. Whoever answers the most correctly will receive one of my two books, PROJECT RESURRECTION or DESERT GUARDIAN. Your choice. Just make sure you leave me your email info (name at such-and-so dot com) so that I can contact you for your snail mail address.

Have fun!

1. Hen tea

2. Fried zander steak

3. Fritted Inkpot

4. Grilled slices of pork maiden slopped with Gipsy sauce

5. Wild boar on hip wine sauce

6. Baked smoked knee for two persons

7. Pickled Rams Horns

8. Home tray of chef for two persons

9. American potatoes

10. Fried champions

11. Fried ermine in beer batter

12. Cup of ice with cream (this isn't as obvious as it looks)

3 comments:

cindy said...

can we google or are we supposed to just guess???

Karen Duvall said...

Hi, Xiao! 8^) Well, you can google if you really want, but isn't it more fun to guess?

Maggie Toussaint said...

Wow, this is hard. I'm guessing hen tea is herbal tea. Definitely American potatoes are french fries. Tow wild guesses = 4 pork chops and gravy; 5 roasted pig.
The rest have me stumped.
Maggie