Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What's Up Wednesday

Not much going on today, but this Friday I'll be involved in a group booksigning at Powell's Books in Beaverton, Oregon. So if you're in the area, please stop by.

It's spring in the Cascades! Flowers are finally blooming, trees are leafing out, but it's freaking cold at night in the High Desert where I live. My husband opened all the windows this morning before he left for work and the furnace started roaring its objection. Yeah, a bit too early to be opening windows, Hon. Let's wait until June, K?

I lost 3 pounds! Yay me! Just 22 more to go. Grumble, grumble, grumble...

I'm an idol fan (this season, anyway; I'm fickle) and I don't know who to vote for. Too bad about Jason. Eek. Simon was freaking harsh, wasn't he?

What I'm reading: BLOOD SECRETS by Vivi Anna. It's okay so far, but I'm not really hooked. I'm having trouble connecting with the characters. It's probably just me, but I carry the book around with me everywhere and just can't bring myself to open it back up again. When this happens, it usually means it's time to start reading a different book. Damn! I really wanted to enjoy this one, too. But like I said, it's just me. No doubt the book would be fabulous for another reader. Sigh.

2 comments:

colbymarshall said...

I never did see who got voted off...was it Jason after all?

Karen Duvall said...

Sigh. Yes. He even messed up his departing song.