Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What's Up Wednesday



Oh, dear. Has it really been two weeks? Naughty blogger! Bad! Bad!

I have great excuses, though. Like work. And making revisions to Knight's Curse for my agent. I emailed them to her last night and this morning I received a message that she's excited to read the manuscript. I really had a blast doing it, too. I like revising, especially if I know specifically what it is I'm doing and why I'm doing it. When I feel vague about what needs to be done, I flounder. I didn't flounder. I had fun.

I hope you like the flowers. This is my front yard, or I should say it's my husband's front yard in front of our house. I'm not the best gardener. I kind of like to plant stuff, but Jim is territorial when it comes to his yard so I step aside when it comes to his creative gardenly endeavors. He's better at it, anyway.

I'm happy to report that I'm the spotlight author at the Mid Willamette Valley RWA website. I wrote an essay about my writers journey if you'd like to read it. I also did an interview for QueryTracker.net as one of their success stories. I can't say enough great things about QT. It's a phenomenally useful tool.

There's going to be a full moon tonight, and then tomorrow is the last day for Mercury to be in retrograde. I've had kind of an "off" couple of weeks. Experienced stress over communication problems with a client. Had a stomach ailment. Then I tore a muscle in my calf at aerobics class. My husband experienced problems with his employer. So here's to hoping that as of Friday, my world goes back to normal.

2 comments:

Cat Hellisen said...

Wow nice pic of your garden.

Wish mine looked like that - tell your hubby to fly to SA and come sort out my jungle mmkay?

Anonymous said...

Karen, you (or your husband) have a lovely yard! That's one of the things I miss most about my present surroundings--the lack of a yard to call my own. To compensate, I have jelly jars in my window with cuttings in them!