Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Marketing Monday

The latest revisions to Knight's Curse have been completed and the manuscript will be winging its way back to my agent today. Yay!

I have to tell you about an odd, and pretty cool, thing that happened last Friday. I got a call from Dorchester Publishing asking me to send them the complete manuscript for Knight's Curse! What happened is that I had entered Dorchester's American Title V contest in February, then learned later that small press authors published in paper were ineligible. Dang! So I figured they'd toss out my entry after reading my cover letter with all my publishing credits. But that's not what happened.

I had to fess up and disqualify myself from the competition. Sigh. But I apologized and let the woman who called know that I'm agented now and the manuscript is looking for a home. She sounded happy to know that and said she'd let the judge who judged my entry know the manuscript is available through the usual channels. So there's already interest from one publisher! I'm hoping there'll be interest from others as well. In fact, let's flat out hope for an auction! Yes! *claps hands in glee*

On another note, for any writers happening along who read this, if you're looking for an agent, there's a first page contest going on at the Miss Snark's First Victim blog. Submit the first page of your completed manuscript by Thursday July 17 and it will be judged by a Secret Agent who the blog owner managed to wrangle for the job. Secret Agent will choose a winner and award a prize, which is still a mystery, but my guess is the prize will be a request for the full manuscript. The Secret Agent's identity won't be revealed until after the contest is over. For the complete rules, visit the Miss Snark's First Victim blog.

Tomorrow I'll post a teaser from my recently published short story, Z is for Zombie. So come back to my blog for Teaser Tuesday!

No comments: