Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Teaser Tuesday


Take three witches, throw in an immortal man, add a love triangle, then reunite them after twenty years for a twisted plot of revenge. My short story, "Z is for Zombie," was just released by Echelon Press as a PDF download from their webstore.

Here's an excerpt:

I fell in love with Daniel during my senior year at Willowville High, when I was a student and he owned a shop selling magic paraphernalia. I wasn't the only one smitten with Daniel back then. The suave and debonair Mr. Jahne had turned the heads of two other girls in my class. Once the three of us discovered his unfaithfulness, we came together to put an early end to his unnaturally long life.

Tess resumed digging without enthusiasm. "Liberty?"


I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?"


"Do you think he's pissed?"

"Hell yeah." I lobbed a rock onto the pile of dirt beside me.

"He didn't think we'd really do it. He wanted to fake his death like before, not die for real." "So why bring him back?"

I opened my mouth to answer when the sound of a car's engine interrupted me.

2 comments:

Creative A said...

Ahaha! Sounds funny. I'm gonna have to read all of it. :D

-A

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks, A!!! 8^)