Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

This, that and the other...


I'm very disappointed in myself. I haven't written a new word on the WIP in two whole days. Aargh! I'm a disgrace to the NaNo Nation. Today's not shaping up to look much better in the way of writing time, however I need to take my mother-in-law to the hospital this afternoon for out-patient surgery on her foot, which means I'll have all that time while she's in surgery to work. I'll be spending the night with her because she can't be on her feet for a while. So tomorrow I'll probably have a few quiet hours to write as well. That's what I'm hoping, anyway.

No news for me, but a couple of friends of mine had first sales within the past couple of weeks. Of course I wish it was me, but I'm over the moon with glee for them. One got a 3-book deal with Orbit, and the other got a three book deal with Ace. Hurray for Nicole and Kasey!

For all you unpublished writers of science fiction and fantasy, Bantam Spectra has a great contest going on. It's their first ever Spectra Pulse Short Fiction Contest. One lucky winner will receive $100 and have his/her story published in the Summer 2009 issue of Spectra Pulse, Bantam Spectra’s exclusive magazine distributed at Comic-Con San Diego and select conventions and bookstores (available July 2009). They just started accepting entries and the deadline is January 31, 2009. The winner will be announced in April 2009.
Link
Miss Snark's First Vicitim is having another Secret Agent contest. Only completed novels are eligible and this month's contest is open to all commercial fiction genres as well as literary and young adult. Submissions will open on Monday, November 10, at 9:00 am EDT. Please wait until the call for submissions is posted before submitting your 250 word first page entry. Visit the blog for details.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: