Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Freestyle Friday

I need to write this quick while the puppy's sleeping! Whenever she's up and running around, I can't sit for five minutes without having to get after her about something. We've puppy-proofed the best we can, but she somehow finds new things to chew or break or tear. My living room floor looks like a doggy toy store, but it's not enough for her. And she's figured out a way to get over the barricade that keeps her out of the other half of the house. I'm a wreck. I should probably put her in doggy day care for a day just to give myself a break.

The New Year got off to an unhappy start when we lost our electricity for a few hours yesterday. It was horribly windy and a transformer must have blown somewhere. It wasn't so bad while it was still light out, but when it started getting dark, I freaked out a little. I have a flashlight and candles, but our fireplace is electric/gas and there was no heat. I imagined myself sitting in the dark all night, bored to tears with a puppy nipping and chewing on me. Then the electricity came back on and I was unbelievably thrilled! I ran through the house and turned on every single light. Then reset all the clocks. Life is good once again.

I found out about this really cool website called The Gender Genie. You paste an excerpt of over 500 words into the box and it "reads" it to determine if the author is male or female. I found it very interesting that when I pasted something written from my male character's point of view, the Genie thought it was written by a male author. When I pasted a excerpt from my female character's point of view, it determined the author was female. Awesome!

There's a personality reader called The Typealyzer. If you have a blog, you give it your blog's URL and it will tell you your personality. It says I'm an ESFP - The Performers. Here's the definition of what that means:

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

They enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.

If you have a blog, take the test. It's interesting. I'd say the assessment of mine is pretty accurate.

The puppy is still sleeping. Yay! I'm going to work on chapter 18 of Mystic Taxi before she gets up to ruin my day. I love her dearly, but man, she wipes me out.

No comments: